Welcome to the Washburne Athletic Program's website! Registration information, schedules, and other important information will be available on this page throughout the year.
Washburne currently offers six sports:
- Fall (Start of school year - mid-October): Cross Country (boys and girls) and Volleyball (Girls)
- Winter (late October - January): Basketball
- Spring: Volleyball boys February - March and Track and Field (boys and girls April - May)
- Boys Volleyball Green Team
- Boys Volleyball White Team
- Track and Field
If you have any questions, please email Andy Becker, our Athletic Director. For financial assistance, please contact Brad Goldstein, CFO (847-446-9400)
The Intramural Basketball Program is set to begin on Saturday, December 7 from 12:00-2:00 in the Washburne Gyms. This is a program open to all 7th and 8th grade students who enjoy playing basketball. This house league program will start with two weeks of team formations (Dec 7 and 14), then will continue in the New Year with 1 hour games starting at either 12:00 or 1:00. Participation is not required every weekend, however, in order to participate in the end of the season tournament, a student needs to have played with their team for at least half of the games.
Registration for this program is available on the Athletics website. We will also need a copy of the medical clearance form (found on the website) or a copy of a recent physical within a year.
Boys and Girls Basketball
Basketball season is quickly approaching. In order to try out for Washburne's travel teams, your student needs to be registered and have a copy of the medical clearance form on file at school. Both of these items can be found on our website here. For the medical clearance, if you've turned one in already for the year, you are all set. A copy of a physical completed within a year is also sufficient.
Although payment is required before tryouts, full refunds will be given out if your student does not continue with the season. If a student makes the team, but is on the practice squad, the cost is $200 and you will receive $235 refund.
Basketball tryouts are set. In order to participate, your student needs to be registered online and a copy of the medical clearance form must be on file in the school. Your student should be at both tryout dates. If there are questions or concerns, please contact Andy Becker at Andybecker@winnetka36.org
Tuesday, Oct 22
8th Grade Boys 3:30-5:15
Wednesday, Oct 23
7th Grade Boys 3:30-5:15
7th Grade Girls 5:15-6:30
Thursday, Oct. 24
7th Grade Girls 3:30-5:15
7th Grade Boys 5:15-6:30
Friday, Oct. 25
8th Grade Girls 3:30-5:15
8th Grade Boys 5:15-6:30
Monday, Oct. 28
8th Grade Girls 2:30-4:00
Here are some important points pertaining to Washburne's Travel Basketball Teams
- In order to tryout for the travel basketball program, your student must be registered online and have a copy of the medical clearance form on file at school. A copy of a physical within a year is also sufficient.
- Given adequate participation numbers, we will have two teams for each grade level/gender. They are called Washburne Green and Washburne White. Both teams are in the same conference and will play the same schools.
- Both of these teams will be created as evenly as possible, in regards to athletic talent. The teams will consist of 11 common squad players each. These students will practice every day and dress for every game (as long as they are eligible). Students not selected for the common squad will be given the opportunity to join the Practice Squad. This group of players will practice every day with the team, but will not play in every game. Each game, one student from the Practice Squad will dress and be eligible to play in that game. This player will rotate throughout the season.
- Practices are Tuesdays through Fridays, times will depend on each team, but some common time frames are 3:30-5:15, 5:15-6:30, and 7:00-8:00 AM on Friday mornings.
- Games are throughout the season, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Typically, 8th graders will play at 4:00 the first time we play a school, with the 7th graders playing second. The second time we play a school, the 7th graders will play at 4:00, followed by the 8th graders.
- There are no weekend commitments for the travel program.
- There will be a bus that will bring the students to and from all away events. If you wish to drive your student to or from a game, please contact your coach and let them know.
- We also have our intramural basketball program starting up in December. All students are eligible to participate in this program. More information to follow closer to the season.
- Please review the Code of Conduct with your student as well. It is also found on the Athletics website.
2019-2020 Athletic Program Documents