Welcome to the Winnetka Public Schools!
Online registration for 2022-2023 is open for returning and pre-registered students. Click here to begin.
The Winnetka Public Schools serves students in Kindergarten through the eighth grade. Kindergarten through fourth grade students attend Crow Island School, Greeley School and Hubbard Woods School. Fifth and sixth grade students attend The Skokie School and seventh and eighth grade students attend Carleton Washburne School. We are delighted that you are considering enrolling your child in the District.
Property owners within District 36 boundaries who do not live at the property are not considered legal residents and their children do not qualify to attend school on a tuition-free basis.
Enrollment Procedure for New Students
In order to enroll a new student, proof of residency documents and paper registration forms must be submitted to the District Registrar, Carolin Huh. Please note: ALL required documents must be submitted electronically or at the District Office, by appointment. After this process is complete, you will receive instructions on how to complete registration online.
The following proof of residency documents are required for all new students, including those with older siblings enrolled in The Winnetka Public Schools.
- The child's certified birth certificate.
- Parent's photo ID (Driver's license, state ID, or passport).
- Proof of Winnetka residency (most recent real estate tax bill; or signed and dated lease/rental agreement and proof of last month's payment; or mortgage documents; or agreement of sale).
- Two of the following with a current Winnetka address: voter registration; auto registration; home/auto insurance; gas/water/electric bills. Cell phone bills are not acceptable.
Paper Registration Forms:
- New Student Enrollment Form
- Home Language Survey
- Early Childhood Transition Form (Incoming Kindergartners)
- Records Request Form (Grades 1-8)
- U.S. Department of Education Race and Ethnicity Data Collection Form
- Allergy Form
If you have any additional questions, please contact the District Registrar at 847-446-9400.
Incoming Kindergarten Families
The District is excited to welcome our new Kindergarteners. District 36 Kindergarten is built upon Winnetka’s rich history of play-based experiential learning. For a Kindergarten Program Overview, click here.
District 36 annually partners with The Alliance for Early Childhood for a conversation about the Kindergarten transition and philosophy behind our play-based instructional approach. Since we were unable to meet in person for this event last year, we invite you to view this video from the previous year’s presentation.
Education of Homeless Children
Click here to access School Board Policy 6:140, which addresses the enrollment and registration of homeless children as defined by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act. Click here to access McKinney-Vento Fact Sheet. The Homeless Liaison for District 36 is Denise Matthews, Director of Student Services, Equity & Inclusion. Please contact Denise with any questions at 847-446-9400 ext. 2622 or email@example.com.