Welcome to the Winnetka Public Schools!
The Winnetka Public Schools serves students in Kindergarten through the eighth grade. Kindergarten through fourth grade students attend Crow Island School, Greeley School and Hubbard Woods School. Fifth and sixth grade students attend The Skokie School and seventh and eighth grade students attend Carleton Washburne School. We are delighted that you are considering enrolling your child in the District.
The Winnetka Public Schools Board approved new attendance boundaries at its meeting on October 22, 2019, to form a long-term solution to address the enrollment imbalance in the District. These new boundaries are effective immediately for students newly registering. For more information on redistricting, click here. To check an address for School Boundary Assignments, click here.
During this time that District 36 buildings are not open, registration is being processed via email. Please print, complete, and email the necessary forms and documents to the District Registrar, Carolin Huh. If you are unable to complete the following paper portion of registration or provide the proof of residency documents, please contact Carolin Huh at 847-446-9400. After this process is complete, you will receive instructions on how to complete registration online.
Paper Registration Forms:
- New Student Enrollment Form
- Home Language Survey
- Early Childhood Transition Form (Incoming Kindergartners)
- Records Request Form (Grades 1-8)
- U.S. Department of Education Race and Ethnicity Data Collection Form
- Allergy Form
The following proof of residency documents are required for all new students, including those with older siblings enrolled in The Winnetka Public Schools.
- The child's certified birth certificate.
- Parent's photo ID (Driver's license, state ID, or passport).
- Proof of Winnetka residency (most recent real estate tax bill; or signed and dated lease/rental agreement and proof of last month's payment; or mortgage documents; or agreement of sale).
- Two of the following with a current Winnetka address: voter registration; auto registration; home/auto insurance; gas/water/electric bills. Cell phone bills are not acceptable.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the District Registrar at 847-446-9400.
Incoming Kindergarten Families
The District is excited to welcome our new Kindergarteners. The District began offering Extended Day Kindergarten in 2017-2018, continuing our commitment to play-based early childhood programming. For a Kindergarten Program Overview, click here.
District 36 annually partners with The Alliance for Early Childhood for a conversation about the Kindergarten transition and philosophy behind our play-based instructional approach. Since we are unable to meet in person for this event at this time, we invite you to view this video from last year’s presentation.
Education of Homeless Children
Click here to access School Board Policy 6:140, which addresses the enrollment and registration of homeless children as defined by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act. The Homeless Liaison for District 36 is Ms. Beth Martin, Director of Student Services. Please contact Ms. Martin with any questions at 847-501-2622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.