Welcome to the Winnetka Public Schools!
The Winnetka Public Schools serves students in Kindergarten through the eighth grade. Kindergarten through fourth grade students attend Crow Island School, Greeley School and Hubbard Woods School. Fifth and sixth grade students attend The Skokie School and seventh and eighth grade students attend Carleton Washburne School. We are delighted that you are considering enrolling your child in the District.
The Winnetka Public Schools Board approved new attendance boundaries at its meeting on October 22, 2019, to form a long-term solution to address the enrollment imbalance in the District. These new boundaries are effective immediately for students newly registering. For more information on redistricting, click here. To check an address for School Boundary Assignments, click here.
In order to enroll a new student, proof of residency documents and paper registraiton forms must be submitted to the District Registrar, Carolin Huh. Please note: to complete registration, parent(s)/guardian(s) of new students will be asked to bring their child(ren)'s original birth certificate and a parent photo ID to the District Office, by appointment, where you will be asked to complete the paper portion of registration. After this process is complete, you will receive instructions on how to complete registration online.
The following proof of residency documents are required for all new students, including those with older siblings enrolled in The Winnetka Public Schools.
- The child's certified birth certificate.
- Parent's photo ID (Driver's license, state ID, or passport).
- Proof of Winnetka residency (most recent real estate tax bill; or signed and dated lease/rental agreement and proof of last month's payment; or mortgage documents; or agreement of sale).
- Two of the following with a current Winnetka address: voter registration; auto registration; home/auto insurance; gas/water/electric bills. Cell phone bills are not acceptable.
Paper Registration Forms:
- New Student Enrollment Form
- Home Language Survey
- Early Childhood Transition Form (Incoming Kindergartners)
- Records Request Form (Grades 1-8)
- U.S. Department of Education Race and Ethnicity Data Collection Form
- Allergy Form
If you have any additional questions, please contact the District Registrar at 847-446-9400.
Incoming Kindergarten Families
The District is excited to welcome our new Kindergarteners. The District began offering Extended Day Kindergarten in 2017-2018, continuing our commitment to play-based early childhood programming. For a Kindergarten Program Overview, click here.
District 36 annually partners with The Alliance for Early Childhood for a conversation about the Kindergarten transition and philosophy behind our play-based instructional approach. Since we were unable to meet in person for this event last year, we invite you to view this video from the previous year’s presentation.
Education of Homeless Children
Click here to access School Board Policy 6:140, which addresses the enrollment and registration of homeless children as defined by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act. The Homeless Liaison for District 36 is Ms. Beth Martin, Director of Student Services. Please contact Ms. Martin with any questions at 847-501-2622 or email@example.com.